Elevate is committed to the safety and welfare of our students, schools, and communities. We will be taking measures to follow local school district, state, and CDC recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our communities.
With school closures and social distancing measures being put into place, our staff have found new, innovative, and responsible ways to build relationships with students. Our methods to accomplish our mission might have had to change for the time, but our mission has not. We build relationships, that will not stop.
We will continue carrying out the Elevate mission in the following ways:
– Conducting Elevate classes online in school districts that have implemented online learning.
– Mentoring students through regular check-ins over the phone or video to help maintain their social-emotional health and ensure their physical needs are being met.
– Providing College and Career coaching for high school juniors and seniors to help them pursue their plan for after high school.
– Sharing best practices and continuing our professional development through online sessions with affiliates from across the country.
– Identifying other creative ways that we can carry out our programs (accredited classes, mentoring, adventure, and college and career) in a safe way.
At Elevate, we believe no one gets there alone…especially now. While keeping health and safety as our highest priority, we will work hard to care holistically for our students and collaborate with others in our communities to ensure that our students are thriving and contributing to their community, particularly in these challenging times.